Click below to watch the video. . .
RemTek Environmental is fully insured for general and professional liability.
Professional, accredited and utilizes Independent Laboratory Testing.
- We are certified with the NRPP – RMT# 108525 (National Radon Proficiency Program)
- Associate member of AARST ID# 4982 (American Association of Radon Scientist and Technologist)
- We Guaranteed our systems to reduce the radon values to 2.0 Pc/L or below
- Our installed systems come with a 5 year warranty on fan replacement
- We match colors of all our exterior installs to match the color of the home.
- We provide 1 year follow up inspection to insure our systems are still working just like the day we installed them
- We visit every house we install to quote and review the install
If you haven’t tested for radon, contact RemTek Environmental to schedule an inspection. We are located in Brooklyn, Michigan and serve south central Michigan.
HOW ARE PEOPLE EXPOSED TO RADON?
Radon can enter homes through cracks in floors, walls, or foundations, and collect indoors. It can also be released from building materials, or from water obtained from wells that contain radon. Radon levels can be higher in homes that are well insulated, tightly sealed, and/or built on uranium rich soil.
HOW DOES RADON CAUSE CANCER?
Radon decays quickly, giving off tiny radioactive particles. When inhaled, these radioactive particles can damage the cells that line the lung. Long-term exposure to radon can lead to lung cancer, the only cancer proven to be associated with inhaling radon.
HOW CAN PEOPLE KNOW IF THEY HAVE AN ELEVATED LEVEL OF RADON IN THEIR HOMES?
Testing is the only way to know if a person's home has elevated radon levels. In addition, precipitation, barometric pressure, and other influences can cause radon levels to vary from month to month or day to day, which is why both short- and long-term tests are available.